Sunday 27 September 2009

This weeks photo - 11+1!

Not long now until I am out of my first trimester (and I believe this to be more accurately 14 weeks rather than the typical thought 12 weeks LMP). Here is this weeks photo. And I didn't think you would be able to tell any difference, but I think I can see a small one!!! My little spud has changed shape on my ticker too. And I don't know why, but thats its new nickname - 'spud'. I also seem to be craving fresh things (like fresh fruit and veg) and sour things (like lemon sorbet) this week! Who knows what that means.

What happened this week:

Tiny phallus forms which could be penis or clitoris; perineum has formed. Baby is no longer an embryo; the foetal period begins. Genitalia show male characteristics now if it's a boy. The foetus is about 5cm (almost 2 inches) long and weighs about 8g. Your baby's iris is forming: his/her eyelids will temporarily fuse shut.

No comments: