Saturday 18 October 2008

One doula down...

And only a few left to go... I can not afford anything more than a trainee and because of where we live, that does not give me much option!
I just got an email from the doula that I put top of my list based on her profile and website, but she is not happy with the distance between us (an hours drive). Good and bad (for me) about that obviously, she sounds like a lovely doula!...If I get through the list of all available to me in the area that I live in (I searched only up to 20 mile radius), then I may go back to her and beg that she accept the distance and wish for a labour no shorter than 2 hours long :p lol
The 'problem' I can see is that when I went to the doula UK website and searched for doulas in my 'area' based on post code (up to 20 mile radius) is that they are all a good distance away from me from 15 miles to 20 miles but nothing under that! So the distance might be an issue with all of them and that leaves me with nothing because there is only one doula under 15 miles away from me (6 in fact - she is the closest) but she is far from a trainee and that is something we can not afford. Not to mention that I think having a trainee would be nice. I would like to support a trainee doula seeing as how one day that may also be me....ho hum...hmmm........

No comments: