Monday 10 August 2009

First weekly photo! - 4+1

I think the plan is to stick with taking a photo every Sunday, that will always make me a week +1. Then I will have the time to upload it on Mondays! So here is my first weekly photo at 4+1! - I already look huge, but I am seriously gassy and bloated! hehe (oh dear!) ....watch me grow!

What happen this week:

Conception: egg and sperm meet, creating a single cell organism (the zygote). Zygote (a cell resulting from the fusion of two gametes) divides. A two-sided ball is formed. Zygote divides two, three, then four times. The now 16-cell solid ball drops into the uterus. Fluid enters the ball, dividing it again – one part becomes the placenta, the other the baby. The zygote becomes attached to the wall of the uterus. The organism is now an embryo. Rapid growth – amniotic sac, amniotic cavity and yolk sac are developing. The placenta begins to form and blood circulates within it. Chorionic villi, the tissue lining the placenta, begins to develop.

No comments: