Tuesday 26 May 2009

In control

I need to feel in control again.
I have been doing a lot of thinking and research.
I am pretty sure I suffer from mild endometriosis. This means my hormones are out of balance. I am not having a problem conceiving - just staying that way.
So I have been thinking, that even if I went the medical (NHS) route - what exactly could they do to help me to conceive? Probably nothing that I would be too willing to try just yet...surgery, artificial hormones, etc... (yuck).
So for the moment I am going to take matters into my own hands.
I have read good things about Burdock and its ability to cleans the blood and liver - in effect, cleansing the body of excess estrogen. I have also read great things about Vitex and its ability to balance the hormones. Now - I know Vitex works as I have taked it for two different cycles and noticed its effect (such as ovulating earlier than what is normal for me - which is a good thing as I normally am a late ovulator! hehe) - But it is one of those herbs, that to get its full benefit, one needs to be taking it for a longer period of time.
I am also going to buy a she oak childbearing mix - which is an essence.
I don't think my body is that out of balance because my diet and exercise (and weight loss) have made some changes already ...but if by November (or when I can't handle it any longer!) - I have not conceived - or have but not held - I will move onto the acupuncutre and crystal healing for a little extra outside help. But I feel pretty confident in this current plan of approach...I just need patience I think.

No comments: