Sunday 15 February 2009

Self-Insemination

Right...TTC has been hard on us...in more ways than one.

Some basic first facts about us as a couple...we have a low sex drive. I will not let this make me feel bad or not normal (so I tell myself)- We just have a low sex drive - We (both dh and I) are on the maca this cycle (still no 'sex drive' change though...). DS happened in one night - the only night we had sex that entire month...well that entire time for the next 3 months as well! (yes - low sex drive - im-not-joking)...So how come we are having such a hard time now when we are DTD every other night?! Well the strain is getting to both of us now. DH has been so good about all of this - it has required him make a lot of life style changes (and hes not an easy going type of man about stuff like this)...I am also finding that its really hard work trying to get us both 'in the mood' so to speak...So I had a thought toady and talked with DH about it and he thinks it might work (for more than one reason)...Self-Insemination...
It would mean the pressure is off for us having sex all the time to 'try and make a baby' - so that when we are 'in the mood', its just to make love...But still mean that I get the good stuff in so that we can make a baby (because at our rate, if we are even in the mood enough to BD once a month, I'd be lucky! lol) - because DH doesn't mind ...um...supplying the goods a few times a week (it doesn't require much effort he says lol)...This idea actually has me more relaxed as well - we are just not very sexual people (which is one of the attractions for me as I have never had a high sex drive either...but not good for trying to make a baby iykwim!)...
So, I feel good about this and we will give this a go from now on I think!

No comments: